The original post about the pink Claudette Dessous can be found here.
I felt the band was too stretchy to fit properly. I’m not particularly busty, and my breasts are self supporting, but I wanted the band to be tighter. I did want the cups to be a hair smaller, so I tried to shrink it via the hot water method. The heat did seam to mess up the fibers on the lower half of the cup. Oddly enough it seems like it’s on the upper portion of the lower half (if that makes sense), not the lining part. The hot water didn’t shrink the cups/bra.
First part. I used a non matching thread so you could see. The one website where I saw this used beige thread on a beige bra, so I couldn’t see where exactly they sewed. Initial stitching. Band was still stretchy.
So I went over it in the opposite direction.
This is how it looked line on:
Band is is still very stretchy. 😣
And the gore still doesn’t tack.
As a side note, I went to my room to get something, and you could see my nip through my shirt. I wasn’t even cold.
This was still to stretchy, so I decided to take in the upper part of the band as well.
The gore still didn’t tack. 😕
Second S&S. Looks better, but I had nipple showing in the ultra sheer area.
I stitched the bottom of the wing
How it looks on:
From the side
The gore still doesn’t tack at the bottom, but the bra feels a lot better. It’s not overtly tight like some of my other bras, but I can feel the difference from before. The cups also fit better. The smaller breast still has some space at the top, but there isn’t much wrinkling. I don’t want to redo what I did, but it looks crazy with the red & blue stitching. If I do end up redoing it, I’ll probably dust off my sewing machine and use that.